Back-end Software Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Delvitech is a Swiss company focused on the development of a complete Artificial Intelligence based technological solution for the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) of assembled Printed Circuit Boards (PCBA). Our people are the most valuable asset. We not only continuously invest in our technology but also in the acquisition of top talents from across the globe. Our team is multicultural and diverse but strongly rooted in the tradition of Swiss quality, which together with innovation, underpins all the company’s activities. Headquartered in Mendrisio (Switzerland) and with branch offices in the U.S., Germany and India, Delvitech markets its products throughout the world. The company’s goal is to provide clients in diverse markets with full solutions that make the difference in quality and performance.
For our Headquarter in Rancate, we are looking to hire a passionate Back-end Software Engineer. Do you love writing back-end software? Are you passionate about quality software craftsmanship? Would you like to work on projects with tangible impact? As a back-end software engineer, you will help us to shape the next generation of Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) system for Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
YOUR KEY RESPONSABILITIES
- Designing and implementing field software solutions using modern C++, Java and Python for various platforms, including Windows and Linux;
- Play a key role in defining the design, implementation, and testing of software components for a distributed system;
- Collaborate within a wider, multi-discipline development team to deliver products efficiently;
- Ensure the software quality using Clean-Code principles and automated tests within a CI/CD pipeline;
- Contribute innovative ideas and novel electronic design solutions to solve business and customer problems;
- Contribute improvements to the team’s working practices, to ensure a high standard of quality and efficiency;
- Produce and review technical, quality and production documentation;
- Support products through lifecycle.
WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of experience in software development and testing;
- Excellent understanding of programming principles for production systems;
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Good experience with:
– C++, Java, Python
– MariaDB, Redis, MongoDB
– Microservices architecture
– CI/CD: Team City
– Version control: Bitbucket (Git)
- The knowledge of the following will be considered a plus:
– Atlassian platform
– Embedded systems programming
– Other programming languages
– GPU programming
– 2023/ JOB 002
– AI/ML notions
OTHER SKILLS WE APPRECIATE
- Problem solving skills and reasoning ability;
- Time management skills;
- Self-motivated with a creative pioneer spirit;
- Self-awareness & self-learning skills;
- Good people and interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communicative capabilities;
- Must work well in teams with other Engineering disciplines, including Electrical, Electronical, Optical and Software.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are passionate about finding people with innovative thinking and pioneer spirit to join our growing family. We will offer you the possibility to drive change and ensure progress never stops. You will grow with and within a company that believes in a positive innovating and diverse work culture. We promote creativity, to question existing solutions and think in unconventional ways. For this very reason, Delvitech is the ultimate place to challenge yourself. If you are a future maker and all of this resonates with you, join us!
Delvitech values the diversity of the people inside its walls. Diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels are the core of who we are. We celebrate multiple points of view and approaches by building a culture which fosters a diverse workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.