Industrial international Company
Delvitech is an Innovative and Industrial Company following the Swiss law, focused on high quality inspection systems
initially for the electronics industry, mainly automatic optical inspection systems (AOI).
For our Administrative Team based in Mendrisio (Switzerland), we are searching for a MECHATRONICS ENGINEER
We are searching for an innovative, deadline-driven mechatronics engineer to join our team. The mechatronics engineer’s responsibilities include improving existing mechanical systems, developing new product concepts and prototypes, designing and testing mechanical and electronic systems, and developing various automated systems.
You should be able to work within demanding timeframes and develop original, practical solutions to problems. Outstanding candidates draw on a wide range of engineering principles and are not afraid to wander into unchartered territory.
YOUR KEY RESPONSABILITIES
- Designing, developing, and enhancing electro-mechanical systems and mechatronic devices
- Design of whole automated systems including:
o Selection of actuators sensors, controllers, and other automation components,
o Design of electrical wiring schematic
o Design of pneumatic sub-system
o Developing design documents for mechanical parts and final products
o Writing of control software
- Definition of product and sub-assembly specifications
- Definition of reliability, performance and quality tests
- Conducting research, documenting findings, and presenting reports at meetings
- Understanding problems or client briefs and developing solutions that satisfy them
- Selecting the required tools and materials for the manufacturing process
- Managing full product life, from conception to prototyping to production
- Risk identification and reduction through feasibility prototypes, analysis and testing
- Collaborate with production and manufacturing partners on design manufacturability
- Create product drawings and project documents
- Transition of new designs to production and support existing production
- MSc/PhD in Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering or equivalent
- Experience in designing precise mechanical assemblies for linear motion
- Experience in designing custom machined and fabricated parts
- Experience in designing opto-mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies is a plus
- Proficient in mechanical CAD (Solidworks is preferred) and exposure to CAD data management
- Experience in structural analysis and heat transfer analysis
- Experience/knowledge of manufacturing processes such as low volume sheet metal
- Experience in a structured development process from the definition of requirements to concept design, to
detail design, to testing, and implementation into production
- Excellent English knowledge is a must
- Proven experience in industrial companies or similar
- Hands-on mentality and enthusiasm to collaborate in projects in multinational working environment
- Good problem-solving capabilities and great communication skills
- Creativity and attitude to collaborate
- Good soft skills. Extremely correct and responsible person
- A dynamic work environment
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where learning is valued
- A firm committed to support diversity in its workforce, ensure an environment where all employees can thrive and encourage applications from people of all ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
Does this position meet your interest? Do you have the requested skills? Then please send your complete application with motivation letter, CV, references to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your name and “Mechatronics Engineer” in the subject line.
Applications that do not fulfil the abovementioned requirements will not be considered for the selection.
Delvitech values the diversity of the people inside its walls. Diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels are the core of who we are. We celebrate multiple points of view and approaches by building a culture which fosters a diverse workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.